Peace of mind with Urbane Living Installation warranty. At Urbane Living, we guarantee you will be satisfied with the durability, performance and lasting beauty of our natural flooring products.
Urbane Living warrants all wood labour for a period of Ten years from the completion of installation. Urbane Living will also provide product warranty if available from our manufacturers. This warranty applies to the installation of wood flooring purchased from Urbane Living and installed by Urbane Living’s experts and your floors have been maintained as per our maintenance instructions.
Types of services provided from Urbane Living installers at no charge under the terms of this warranty include repair or replacement of transitional materials (metal, wood strips, etc.) which may become loose and re-attachment of loose boards, replacement of delaminated boards. Expansion and contraction are natural occurrences with hardwood and may be expected and are not covered under this warranty. The removal of furniture and appliances are the responsibility of the customer or can be provided for a charge.
Please see below for exclusions.
All components of Urbane Living Flooring are chosen for their responsible environmental impact. This flooring product does not harm the environment throughout its complete life cycle from production through disposal. All woods are from professionally managed “sustained yield” forests and where applicable are either FSC or PEFC certified. All glues used within Urbane Living Hardwood Flooring are MR LFE “E1” standard.
The following are excluded from this
- Improper Maintenance. Maintenance instructions must be followed and in particular the floor cannot be wet mopped.
- Extreme Conditions and Surface Checking. The humidity level in the home must be in the 40%–60% range throughout the year using air conditioners, humidifiers or dehumidifiers as appropriate. Dramatic variations in humidity may cause micro checking of the finish. This is not considered a defect and is not covered by the warranty.
- Gapping of Planks. This warranty does not cover gapping caused by natural expansion and contraction, improper seating of planks during installation or by mastic memory.
- Abuse or Misuse. This warranty does not cover damage caused by neglect, abnormal use or misuse, application of solvents, corrosives or other chemicals to the flooring, color change, excessive pivot and point-loads, stiletto shoes, heavy furniture or equipment, unpadded furniture feet, water, pet claws, pet urine, damage from sand, pebbles or other abrasives or other unintended uses.
- Water Damage.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by moisture penetration through the
subfloor, flooding, leaking plumbing, overflowing sinks or similar water
Insect Infestation. This warranty does not cover any insect infestation after the product has left the factory.
- Radiant Heat. Only low temperature radiant heating systems which are regulated to never exceed 27 degrees celcius at the wood surface may be used. If surface area is allowed to exceed 27° all warranties are void. Only Float-In installations are acceptable for Radiant Heat subfloors. Maple, Beech, Ash and Asian Jatoba expand and contract more than other wood species. There is a greater risk of gaps occurring especially when installed over radiant heating systems. Such gaps are NOT manufacturing defects and are not covered by this warranty.
- Natural variations. Wood is a natural product, containing natural variations in color, tone and grain. We do not warrant against natural variations in color within the floor nor variations between samples and the installed floor. Variations may also develop over time because of varying exposure to sunlight or UV light.
- SCRATCHES AND NATURAL WEAR. As you use your floor, the floor will be exposed to natural wear of the floor and as a result scratches, stains and marks do happen. These are not covered under this warranty.
- MOVEMENT TO FOUNDATIONS AND SUBFLOOR. This
warranty does not cover damage caused by movement to foundations and subfloor.
Other items not covered under the warranties include damage caused by natural events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and floods; installation of flooring with visible defects; construction traffic abuse to the surface of the flooring; use of non-recommended nailers, staplers or adhesives; squeaking, popping or crackling by any cause other than the mismanufacture of the tongue or groove.
In the event that there is a claim against this warranty, Urbane Living will pay for one replacement of the portion of the installation that is defective. This includes all reasonable materials and labor. Urbane Living Hardwood Flooring excludes and will not pay consequential or incidental damages under this warranty. The sole remedy provided herein is the repair, refinish or replacement, at the sole option of the manufacturer. In the unlikely event that the manufacturer is unable to correct the failure after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer will refund, if requested, the purchase price of the portion of defective floor on a prorated basis. Any attempt to repair or replace the floor prior to the manufacturer’s inspection and authorized repair actions will void this warranty. This warranty does not include the cost of labor if the flooring is installed by other than professional installers. It does not apply to any products designated or sold as B-grade which is sold “as is.” There are no other warranties, including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, expressed or implied other than those listed within this warranty. This warranty will not be deemed to have failed its essential purpose while Urbane Living Hardwood Flooring is willing to repair or replace defective goods.